Market volatility is on the minds of many investors in 2018. After years of seemingly endless portfolio gains, retirement savers received a punch in the nose from volatility and left many wondering where we go from here. Taylor Schulte is a Certified Financial Planner and President of Define Financial, a San Diego fee-only financial advisor. In this episode, Taylor and I discuss:
- How to prepare for the next market misbehavior.
- Is now the right time to reevaluate your risk tolerance in light of recent market condition?
- Where should retirement investors take risks? U.S. Treasuries vs corporate bonds?
- Risk tolerance vs retirement goals, which comes first if those goals conflict?
Join our email list to be alerted of upcoming webinars
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Vanguard total return investing
- Taylor’s ‘Stacking Benjamins’ episode
- The worst ten year return for a 50/50 stock/bond portfolio
Jump-Start Your Retirement With My Ultimate Retire-Ready Toolkit
Enter your email address to grab your FREE gift!