I’m so excited to bring you this interview with Gary Kadi. Gary is the author of one of the best books I read in 2022, Raise Your Healthy Deserve Level. I call this an accidental retirement book because although it is not specifically written for retirees, many topics apply to retirement.
Gary has so much to share in this interview. We discuss how to receive good things in life, how your net worth is directly proportional to your self-worth, why you shouldn’t reject good things, why only 5% of people retire with financial freedom, and how to find fulfillment in retirement.
This was a fantastic interview and I know you’ll enjoy hearing from Gary Kadi. Press play to hear what he has to say.I call this an accidental retirement book because although it is not specifically written for retirees, many topics apply to retirement. Click To Tweet
Outline of This Episode
- [2:12] In life you don’t get what you deserve, you get what you think you deserve
- [6:20] Tips to work on yourself that can spill over into your finances
- [8:50] Retirement is an inside job
- [13:00] What do you do to find fulfillment in retirement
- [19:49] Accept yourself for who you are
“In life, you don’t get what you deserve, you get what you think you deserve.”
Gary came from humble beginnings, and he learned that he had to work hard from a very young age. This experience taught him that hard work pays off.
What he didn’t learn was how to receive. If you don’t know how to receive, money, love, and relationships may come to you, but they won’t last. To build healthy, solid relationships with people and money it is critical to understand how to receive these gifts.
Mentally, you may feel like you deserve money, but you have to feel it in your heart. One litmus test to check your ability to receive is to consider how you acknowledge compliments since money is simply another form of acknowledgment. Do you receive them or do you deflect them?
The three a’s can help you better understand your readiness to receive money.
- Awareness – become aware of your body’s reaction when you receive money
- Acceptance – are you able to accept things or do you feel undeserving?
- New action – consider how what you can do to change
Work at finding fulfillment in retirement
Only 5% of people who retire are financially free. Many people feel that the circumstances are not in their favor, but retirement is not circumstantial. It has to be something that you work at from within, you can’t rely on outside forces to control your destiny.
Others struggle to find fulfillment in retirement. They don’t know how to step off of the wheel of the rat race to slow down and enjoy life. If you want to feel fulfilled, find a partner to enjoy your retirement with–even if it’s just your favorite dog.
When we’re kids we have plenty of dreams for our future, but often, as adults, we stop dreaming. Write out 100 dreams that you want to accomplish in your retirement. You won’t be able to fulfill them until you articulate them. Think about how those dreams meet the physical, mental, social, financial, and spiritual areas of your lifeWrite out 100 dreams that you want to accomplish in your retirement. Click To Tweet
The Retirement Starts Today Super Book Give Away
I have about 30 copies of Raise Your Healthy Deserve Level in my possession that I would like to give away to curious listeners. If you are interested in receiving a copy you’ll need to make sure that you are signed up for the Everyday Is Saturday newsletter.
To receive a copy you’ll need to respond to the newsletter with these three promises: read the whole book, leave the author an honest review on Amazon, and review Retirement Starts Today on your favorite podcast app. So, if you’d like to receive a copy of Gary’s book keep an eye out for the newsletter this week.
Resources & People Mentioned
- BOOK – Raise Your Healthy Deserve Level by Gary Kadi
- BOOK – Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill
- Benjamin Hardy
- BOOK – Be Your Future Self Now by Benjamin Hardy
Connect with Gary Kadi
Connect with Benjamin Brandt
- Dive deeper into retirement planning with Ben at www.RetirementIncome.University
- Get the Retire-Ready Toolkit: https://retirementstartstodayradio.com/
- Follow Ben on Twitter: https://twitter.com/retiremeasap
- Subscribe to the newsletter: https://retirementstartstodayradio.com/newsletter
Subscribe to Retirement Starts Today on
Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, TuneIn, Podbean, Player FM, iHeart, or Spotify